- 1917-The YWCA of Trivandrum was formed.
- 1918-Dr Mrs Mary Poonen Lukose takes charge as the first President of Indian nationality.
- 1919-A hostel for lady students was started in a rented house in Kunnukuzhy.
- 1922-Land at the present site at Spencer Junction was purchased with funds from the National YWCA of India.
- 1925-The Child Welfare Centre and Nursery School, the first of its kind in Trivandrum was started in a rented building in Kunnukuzhy.
- 1929-The Students’ Hostel was opened by Lady Irwin at Spencer Jn.
- 1955-The Poonnen Memorial Hall, was inaugurated by Rajkumari Amrit Kaur.
- 1956-A Hostel for Non –Gazetted working women was started.
- 1957-The YWCA of Trivandrum was registered under the Charitable Society Act.
- 1967-The Golden Jubilee Year.
- 1973-The Creche and Nursery started receiving grant from the Social Welfare Board.
- 1976-A multi- storied building which houses the International Guest House was built.
- 1977-The Rural Development Centre was started at Vazhayila on the outskirts of Trivandrum city.
- 1979-The Welfare Centre at Vazhayila was shifted to Peroorkada.
- 1990-Land was bought at Vazhayila and a new building was constructed to house the Welfare Centre.
- 1992-The Platinum Jubilee Year.
- 1996-The Girl's Home was started at Vazhyila.
- 2003-The Working Women’s Hostel was shifted to the newly constructed building at General Hospital Jn.
- 2009-The Girls’ Home was closed down.
- 2010-The Women and Employment Unit was started at Vazhayila.
- 2014-The Hostel for Senior Women was started at Spencer Jn.
- 2017- YWCA Triavndrum celebrates its Centenary.
- 2020- The year of the Pandemic –Covid 19.
The YWCA of Trivandrum is registered with the Registrar of Societies under the Charitable Society Act.
There are three categories of membership.
i) Electoral membership, having the right to vote.
ii) Associate membership, without voting right.
iii) Junior membership for girls aged 8 to 18.
The YWCA of Trivandrum is affiliated to the National YWCA of India, which in turn is affiliated to the World YWCA. The national YWCA is divided into five regions and the YWCA of Trivandrum belongs to the South West Region along with forty two other Associations spread through out Kerala.
THEME FOR THE QUADRENNIUM: 2014 TO 2018
Y Rise and Respond
Justice Beyond Borders
Visioning with the Young
Be a Green Ambassador