1917 - The YWCA of Trivandrum , one of the pioneering institutions in the country dedicated to the care and welfare of women and girls was formed. On 16th August 1917 an extra ordinary meeting of some Christian ladies in Trivandrum was held at the Victoria Jubilee Town Hall with Mrs Arthur Parker in the Chair. Ninety six members enrolled then and there. Miss Nina Brentnall took charge as the first General Secretary. Some of the members in the first committee were Mrs Victoria Mathew, Mrs K K Chacko, Miss Mary Isaac, Miss Cumberland, Mrs Bain and Miss Padmam.
SOME MEMBERS OF THE FIRST COMMITTEE IN FRONT OF THE OLD BUILDING
V J T HALL